The Krishi Vigyan Kendra is a district level Farm Science
Center established during 2000 by the Indian Council of Agricultural
Research (ICAR), New Delhi at Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidalaya,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh for speedy transfer of technology to
the farmers' fields. The operational area of this Krishi Vigyan
Kendra comes under the ICAR, Zone IX, JNKVV, Jabalpur (M.P.).
The aim of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is to reduce the time lag
between generation of technology at the research institutions
and it's transfer to the farmer's field for increasing production,
productivity and income from the agriculture and allied sectors
on a sustained basis in Tribal Region of Bastar District.
|MANDATES OF KVK
- Assessment, refinement and demonstration of technology/
- Collaborate with the State Agricultural University/ Scientist
of the Regional Research Station (SG College of Agriculture
and Research Station, Jagadalpur-Bastar), the state extension
personnel in "On-farming testing", refining and documenting
the technologies for developing region specific sustainable
land use systems.
- Organize trainings to update the extension personnel within
the area of operation with emerging advances in agricultural
research on regular basis.
- Organize long-term vocational training courses in agriculture
and allied vocations for the rural youths with emphasis
on "learning by doing " for generating self-employment through
- Organize front-line demonstrations in various crops to
generate production data and feedback information.
- The seed and planting materials produce by the KVK's
also be made available to the farmers.
|ACTIVITIES OF KVK
- On farm testing to identify the location specificity of technologies in various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potentials of newly released technologies on farmers' fields and provide feedback.
- Training of farmers and farmwomen to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies and training of extension
personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Work as resources and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public,
private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Create awareness about frontier technologies through large number of extension activities like Farmer fair, Field day,
Strategic campaign, Ex-trainees meet, etc.