Krishi Vigyan Kendra KVK) is district level Farm Science
Centre established by the Indian Council of Agricultural
Research (ICAR) under Indira Gandhi Agriculture University,
Raipur (C.G.). It is responsible to transfer agricultural
technologies and research to the farmer's fields so that
the farmer can gain the high productivity.
The KVK has excelled in bringing the modern technological
packages at the farmers doorstep with the help of various
instructional units. The KVK today has sufficient resources
to impart training skills for not only the farmers but
also the rural youth. The Krishi Vigyan Kendra-Jagdalpur
(Bastar) was established in 1st November 2000 with following
aims and objectives:
• To bring about improvement
in productivity through transfer of economically viable
and environmentally sound technologies on various aspects
such as crop production, farm mechanization, horticulture,
animal husbandry, home science, etc.
• To improve farm mechanization status of the district.
• To improve rural entrepreneurship in agriculture and allied
• To reduce farm women drudgery.
• To establish strong linkage with farmers and line
departments for rapid developments in agriculture.
• Well established KVK has vast working area.|
• Awareness and little interventions in way of doing farming in tribal system can bring big change.
• Organizing of tribal community can strengthen the tribal economy.
• Training to staff will give maximum result in the field.
• As implementing agency for convergence programmes helps in development of tribals.
• Reach in national resources can be utilized for optimum use to increase production.
• Area reach in forest produce and group approach will help tribal for the upliftment.
• Soil and water conservation can be boom to the area.
|Other Activities of KVK,Jagdalpur|
| • Formation of Farmers commodity based groups.|
• Rendering need based farm advisory services.
• Implementing state and central governments sponsored agriculture related development programmes.
• Development location specific technologies .
• Conducting skill demonstrations.
• Dissemination of technologies through AIR, Doordharsan, Websites, Newspapers and Kisan Mobil Sandesh.
• Precision farming, National Horticulture Mission, ATMA, etc.
Besides, mandatory works, Krishi Vigyan Kendra has taken up several other innovative programmes through convergence with government
and non-government agencies viz.
• Watershed development (DPAP, Batch-12, Hariyali)
• Women Empowerment through Tribal Development Grant
• Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP)
To achieve the sustainable, eco friendly, viable and productive agriculture in the district the centre has adopted integrated approach.